Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Apartment Before shots....



So this is what i was greeted with when i first saw what was to be my new apartment.  Pretty inspiring right? I think i focused on the fact that it was livable, that it had great light and that it had some lovely features.  The brick wall and fireplace, the fact it had two windows so i know the space could be divided into two "rooms".  I had been looking at apartments for a year or so, not with the idea of buying but just dreaming.  I saw this place and made an offer, but it was already in contract.  But after 4 months they came back to me.  The original buyer fell through and i just went for it.  Very daunting, a little scary but to be honest it all went very smoothly.  I think the main thing i did was not have too many specifics.  I was very limited in budget and i knew i wanted prewar and then all the rest was up for discussion.  Its not as higher floor as i wanted. The ceilings are not as high as i would have liked. But we all have to start somewhere, so this is where i started....









Floor plan 





















You can see where I began to imagine the space, and by imagine i mean drawign a line on the plans as above! All i knew was that i didnt want to live in one room i wanted to be able to somehow divide the space in to two areas and the way the apt was layed out with 2 windows i know i could do this.....
This was the very beginning of the process......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...